21 May 2014

Homemade chocolate chip cookies part 1: recipe!

Best homemade cookies in the world!
So I recently I came across a recipe and thought let's try this one. But there were some things about that recipe I didn't agree with, so I changed it a lot and now I think I can say it's a Marjolein recipe :D and I will share it with you!

The ingredients
So The recipe is from Foodgloss (a Dutch food youtuber) but this recipe is very similar to a recipe from a Dutch famous grocery website called Albert Heijn and also other websites, but all are slightly different and now I'm going totally different! :D

Also check out the egg fun I had with Tara in part 2!
(she's wearing an apron!)

This is what you need:
 50 g white caster sugar
50 g light brown caster sugar 
4 g vanilla sugar
85 g cold unsalted butter
1/2  mixed egg
125 g wheat flour
 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon salt
50 g milk chocolate bar
50 g pure chocolate chips

So if you use other measurements try to Google for conversion websites :) 

Making the dough
How do you get to this stage? I'm gonna tell you what you need to do!
0. Preheat your oven at 175 degrees Celcius. I'm using my electric oven. 
For a fan oven I would preheat at 165 degrees Celcius.
1. Slices or squash the cold butter with a knife or fork in a mixing bowl. then turn on the mixer and mix till it's soft (don't mix it warm!)
2. Add the white caster sugar, light brown caster sugar and the vanilla sugar. Mix well until it's nicely blended together and stop.
3. Then add the 1/2 mixed egg and again mix till it's blended, then you stop. 
(don't go mixing it airy like you do with a cake!)
4. Chop the milk chocolate bar into pieces of around 5mm with a sharp knife.
5. Add the chopped milk chocolate and the pure chocolate chips to the dough. Mix them again till you get the same view like on the picture.

Making them cute!
Take 1 sheet of baking paper. So now you are taking an ice cream spoon with a diameter of 4cm. Take a bit of dough and push it in the ice cream spoon. Pat it a bit round and click it loose on the baking tray. You can make 12 cookies of this dough. Taking a larger ice cream spoon you'll get less cookies but larger. Leave some space between them because they will need it! 
Then pat the cookies a bit down and don't place chocolate chips on top... what! Yes, I did that, you don't! They didn't melt they turned into paste and that was icky!

Time
Place the tray for 30 minutes in the fridge.
After that you bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes (I baked them 15 minutes!)
When the cookies are done they are still very soft don't worry!.So right after you take them out of the oven you slide the baking paper with the cookies carefully on a ovenrek, so the cookies can cool down and firm up. This will take an hour or so.

When done you'll get a cookie with a 
crunchy outside and chewy inside!

Best cookies ever
Normally I would buy these kind of cookies..
well never again these are better than 
what I've tasted from grocery stores and bakeries.

If you are going to try out this recipe, 
please let me know in the comments down below!