22 June 2014

Super awesome game: Don't Starve

Don't starve marjolein kucmer survival action adventure open world horror scary hoarder farm farmer harvest loot looter collect game
Heavenly game!
So my Sister's boyfriend bought this game "Don't starve" yesterday on the Steam summer sale and when he started playing it for the first time me and my sis were both like: "aww how cute!" This game is a masterpiece and the pictures I'm gonna show are nothing to what will happen if you really play the game yourself and own the land! I'm not just gonna talk about how my sister's boyfriend plays the game... I'm telling you about my gameplay; because I bought it too!

Official information
First I'm gonna give you the officinal information.

Don’t Starve is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic. You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.

Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.

Uncompromising Survival & World Exploration: 
No instructions. No help. No hand holding. Start with nothing and craft, hunt, research, farm and fight to survive.

Dark and Whimsical Visuals: 
2D characters and odd creatures inhabiting a unique 3D world.
Randomly Generated New Worlds:

Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.

Short version
Super cute, super fun, super mindful, super stressful, super beautiful.
Just a super amazing super survival game!

Don't starve marjolein kucmer survival action adventure open world horror scary hoarder farm farmer harvest loot looter collect fire woods forest tree house home tent honey game
Super serious
The creative, structured, technical way to play and you gain so much from this play style.
This is something you can make, but trust me it takes time to build this and lots of nights to survive. You see a sleeping tent, a small garden, honey, cooking pot etc.
It's so lovely to create little "houses" like this but so difficult to keep them standing, because you always have the danger of monsters, weather and fire...

Don't starve marjolein kucmer survival action adventure open world horror scary hoarder farm farmer harvest loot looter collect fire woods forest tree game
Super silly
YES FIRE, you can also play like a lunatic and just run around and try to survive. You only collect your food and grass *twigs to make torches. so at night you're not hungry and still can run around. Why run around so much?: Because it's super fun to discover the whole map because it's super huge! 
This evening my character was fighting against walking tree and I thought you can burn. But she was standing in the middle of the forest; woops! Like 25% of my map burned :O It look the same as on the picture but my  character was wearing a flower head band :)

Check the super awesome trailer
You can buy this game on steam and Steam has now a summer sale and this Don't Starve has now 40% off! It only costs €8,99 now! (Euro not Dollar!) I don't know what it costs in Dollars! But you can check it out for yourself! Buy here on steam!

Super honest!
I really did buy this game and I really wanted to share its awesomeness this because it's not all beauty stuff I like, there is so much more, like for example gaming! So today a blogpost about my gaming lazy Sunday. Did you like my "super* spam? ;)