29 May 2015

Xenos - Hexagon Home Decor Haul & Review

Xenos Hexagon Home Decor Haul Review 2015 beauty blogger honeycomb honey candle holder windlicht metal wooden hout bijenkorf 6 hoekig kaarsen wandkastje
♡ Haxagons ♡
Recently I saw this Dutch blogger on Instagram post that beehive candle holder. I was like holy moly, I need to have that! I was so happy she was Dutch, because she got it at Xenos. It's thé Dutch most common store to get your new, trendy and cute home decor! I went there and saw that the state these items were in was very sad, BUT I saw they had a future... I've bought them and gave them a super spa treatment!

Xenos Hexagon Home Decor Haul Review 2015 beauty blogger honeycomb honey candle holder windlicht metal wooden hout bijenkorf 6 hoekig kaarsen wandkastje
Xenos - Windlicht Bijenkorf 
Beehive candle holder / €4,99
It's made from metal, you could get it in copper or in white. This candle holder is without glass and has pentagon & hexagon shape to create a beehive look. It comes with a glass candle holder burn your tea lights in.

Xenos Hexagon Home Decor Haul Review 2015 beauty blogger honeycomb honey candle holder windlicht metal wooden hout bijenkorf 6 hoekig kaarsen wandkastje
Review
When I saw this on her girls instagram, she had painted it copper. and I was so happy when I saw the original white one. I thought let's get this right now! In the stores almost all looked weird and uneven made. This was the best, but it has some paint scraped etc. I was so happy with the white nail polish you can see in the second blogpost btw ;) so I've fixed those spots and now it's perfect. I didn't plan to really burn tea lights in it but more my fat candles like that ombré one! I realized one thing when I've came home with it... Where do I place it?! But today I discovered that with the hot weather on some days my room plants are dying. very sad but that means room for this one!

Xenos Hexagon Home Decor Haul Review 2015 beauty blogger honeycomb honey candle holder windlicht metal wooden hout bijenkorf 6 hoekig kaarsen wandkastje
Xenos - Windlicht Metalen Kap
Candle holder with metal hood / €4,99
It's made from wood and metal. The hood is white on the outside and rose gold on the inside. This candle holder is without glass and pentagon & hexagon shaped stand. It comes with a glass candle holder on the inside with an open bottom.

Xenos Hexagon Home Decor Haul Review 2015 beauty blogger honeycomb honey candle holder windlicht metal wooden hout bijenkorf 6 hoekig kaarsen wandkastje
Review
Look at the state I've found it in first here, ugly right! The wood was all white, chippy and rough. The wooden holder was crooked and the pattern on the hood was not nicely centered with the shapes on the wooden stand. I saw lot's of future potential in this candle holder! When I was home; I've unscrewed the hood and took a piece of sand paper and made the surface of all shapes on the wooden stand nice and smooth. Also softened the edges a bit, so a more gentle look. Then I took 100% natural beeswax to polish wooden furniture without real color (it looks a bit yellowish). I've put a royal layer on all surfaces of the stand and waited 30 minutes and after that rubbed it in with an old cloth and this did step again. to be sure at the and all beeswax is off, I've traced it with a tissue. I've sandpapered the sh*t out of the bottom to make it stand straight again. Then I screwed the hood on it, but this time the other way around and now the pattern is in centered with the stand. I really love this so much now :D

Xenos Hexagon Home Decor Haul Review 2015 beauty blogger honeycomb honey candle holder windlicht metal wooden hout bijenkorf 6 hoekig kaarsen wandkastje
Xenos - Wandkastje 6-Hoekig
Hexagon wall box / €3,99
It's made from wood. The inside bottom is painted white and feels soft. This wall box comes in three sizes, this is the smallest size. The box is made in a hexagon shape. It can be use it was wall box or as flat storage box.

Xenos Hexagon Home Decor Haul Review 2015 beauty blogger honeycomb honey candle holder windlicht metal wooden hout bijenkorf 6 hoekig kaarsen wandkastje
Review
When i saw it I thought YES a dream come true! All sizes together looks so cute on the wall but I don't have space for it plus I have no clue what to put in it.. I was thinking this could be very pretty in your hallway to storage your keys in one and in another one something else and in the big one you could paste one of those hexagon Ikea mirrors. But that's future plans. No I really wanted this box to have as a flat storage box for easy access. Also this box looked so pale and felt rough so I've sandpapered the sh*t out of this box too and made the edges a little bit softer. Not too soft because you don't want to lose the hexagon sharp shape too much. Also beeswaxed it the same way as with the candle holder. I had no clue what to storage in there yet but for now I've using it was a diary for my lip product de-clutter program. Go with me clockwise starting with the red/sheet tint in the back to the pink pencil in the front. It goes from bleh to yay! So at the end I'll know what to throw away and what to keep. Maybe at the end I'll use this box for al my lip products ;)

xenos badeend xxl mega huge rubber duck jofee maltese dog puppy 9 months cute adorable pet white bff friend.png
Xenos - Badeend XXL
Mega rubber duck / €8,99
This picture is from my Instagram , I didn't make special picture for my blogpost. Jofee loves rubber duckies since he's a little tiny baby and when I saw this one I couldn't leave it and so I've bought him this new friend for him. He absolutely loves it and thinks it's a challenge, because he can't hold it properly so he kind of plays football with it.

I hope you've enjoyed this haul & review and maybe learned how to fix up crooked and sad looking decor ;). I know it's different from all the beauty hauls etc, but hey I really can't say no to Hexagons! Can you?!

See you in my next haul & review!