29 July 2015

Reason for my beauty absence... NEW PASSION!! + more!

Reason for my beauty absence NEW PASSION Jamie oliver comfort food cook book dj bbq book foodtube 7
Can you guess xD
In this post I'll share with you why I recently have such time gaps between some posts and what is the cause of this. These are pictures from Instagram and I'm going to share the story around them a bit more, because I kinda threw them in your face hihi. Also I'll just share some extra things from my daily life.

Let's start with what song I have on repeat this evening:)
GIRL'S DAY -  Ring My Bell, It's so catchy, I can almost dream the lyrics now xD

Reason for my beauty absence NEW PASSION Jamie oliver comfort food cook book dj bbq book foodtube 7
Got a BBQ!!
It started with me waving and playing with this crappy tiny thing, But I absolutely loved it. Also the food I made on it was epically delicious, so I decided I wanted a BBQ before the summer ends! Last Friday I´ve bought myself this BBQ and assembled it so we could bbq right away. Just bought some basic stuff to try for the first time. These were the best we had to put on. lots of chicken and lots of veggie stuff. The other meat we had tasted horrible because of the spices etc made by the grocery shop. But I love to play with my bbq and everything tasted really so good and tender, if that´s the word lol :D

Reason for my beauty absence NEW PASSION Jamie oliver comfort food cook book dj bbq book foodtube 7
Jofee is so curious!
This was when I was filling the bbq with charcoal, Jofee really was amazed how black my fingers looks and the scent he then smelled. After Jofee had to get in his cage because he was too obsessed with the charcoal xD

Reason for my beauty absence NEW PASSION Jamie oliver comfort food cook book dj bbq book foodtube 7
My new obsession kicks in!
I already subscribed to Jamie Oliver's Food Tube for a long time now, really love watching those recipes he and the rest there make! Then I looked op Jamie Oliver + bbq and found out that he and DJ BBQ made lots of videos about this subject. When I saw the name DJ BBQ, I thought of course and remembered a video of him in the winter standing outside with his bbq, which I thought was só cool! So when I came to realize after watching a few videos he made a BBQ book, I had to have it! To get free shipping in this online shop I've added Jamie's Comfort Food book that was on my wishlist. I was so lucky because both books also were on sale! I'm so happy with both books!!

Reason for my beauty absence NEW PASSION Jamie oliver comfort food cook book dj bbq book foodtube 7

My Krabby Patty Burger

 With no crab meat but salmon, The crab was sold out all over the city, also forgot the egg white and so in the end the burger broke down when I tried to check the inside lol. BTW this is actually the first time in my entire life that I've cooked and entire meal! This recipe is from a new video he made recently, around the 4thof July. Not from the book, the book was my inspiration to do it!. I'm actually waiting for good weather to use it! I think by the end of this week I can bbq again! :D


Reason for my beauty absence NEW PASSION Jamie oliver comfort food cook book dj bbq book foodtube 7
Hummingbird Cake
My mom was at my Grandmother's birthday and would come home on Sunday, that Sunday afternoon I've shopped all the ingredients and made this cake, part by part. I've made the small version because it's just a welcome back home gesture and not a big party or anything, and we all are minding out weight ;) My mom, uncle, sister and I really loved it. So much flavors, so fresh, soft and epic! Best cake I've ever made I think! This recipe is from this book and you can find it on his website too; click here. My sister got goose bumps when she tasted it :D BTW if you want to make the smaller version of this cake, just take the half of the recipe and make it in two tins of 18cm each.

Reason for my beauty absence NEW PASSION Jamie oliver comfort food cook book dj bbq book foodtube 7
Apple tree killer storm
The day when I went to get the krabby patty products, it was a super rainy and stormy day. I just went on my bike through the entire city. Finally on my way back I've realized that I was being very stupid to go outside in this weather. When I was riding on the top of a viaduct and heard suddenly the trees howl and felt I was almost blown off the bridge, which doesn't really happen so fast, but it surely felt so and my bike thought so too when it was suddenly moved a meter to the side. The day after I saw the damaged it did to my garden. My poor apple tree lost 3 apples :( Jofee loved to fully explore and ate a few leaves xD

Reason for my beauty absence NEW PASSION Jamie oliver comfort food cook book dj bbq book foodtube 7
Another book!
On Sunday when I was thinking for a meal for Monday I realized that the dinner recipes in the Comfort book really take time from you and are more extended. I think those are really suited for the weekends of when you really want to spend extra attention to creating something. Because I loved cooking that DJ BBQ dinner so much, I now really want to learn how to cook and easy. Not super extented recipes. So I've bought this book, also on sale yay! This book is perfect for any other day of the week and all recipes are fit in 15 minutes. Not meant to think oh It's so easy I can take more time, no it's really speedy and easy cooking :D

Reason for my beauty absence NEW PASSION Jamie oliver comfort food cook book dj bbq book foodtube 7
Life changing moment!

Spicy Cajun Chicken with smashed sweet potatoes & fresh corn salsa. When I got it I've opened the book and choose one of the recipes in the beginning to start with, hadn't really checked the rest. So my mom and I shopped all the ingredients and around six I've started to create this.. in the process I've killed a part of our food processor which was named the same as a real food processor but was actually meant for nuts and herbs.. not raw potatoes xD. After that all went well :)


If you ever have checked out my other dinner blogposts, which aren't a lot of. I think maybe two posts. You maybe know of my eating problem. I've told it in short here, but there I mostly talk about what I can't eat anymore, not what I don't want to eat.
So in short I hate all vegetables instead of iceberg lettuce, tomatoes cucumber and Dutch kale stew. It's been like that my entire life! It caused underweight problems in my childhood. So along with my teeth and jaws problem described in that post I've linked there isn't much left for me to eat for a healthy dinner. 

So when I was making this dinner I said to myself; "when done you have to at least try it!"
IT TASTES ABSOLUTELLY DELICOUS, EPIC AND OFF THIS WORLD! My mom and sister echo! They never have tasted anything like this before, so much different flavors and textures and so good combined. That gave me so good feeling that they loved it and also that I loved it, which is really a super cool and happy shock to me! :D Also everything was perfectly cooked they said and I tasted... second time in my life I've cooked, must be pro :O So I'm super excited and tomorrow I'me creating something again :D

So you can see, my mind is often somewhere else 
and I forget the K-beauty part in life.
I love you and will not abandon you!