23 August 2015

Review the Look #1 Naked Neutrals

Review the Look #1 makeup beauty blog blogger etude house swan any cushion Surprise Stick Concealer Cheeck Room mascara urban decay naked basics Blooming Lips Talk
Naked Neutrals
Yesterday morning I had to do early groceries so Jofee could stay inside his cage and in the afternoon my dad would visit to celebrate my late birthday with a family BBQ :D So I've put on some makeup that laid on top inside my drawers and jars. I went for a natural look because I'm not sure how people would react if I would look all glam up just for grocery shopping at 10 am in the morning.

What is Review the Look?
I've started this series on my blog where I'll review an entire look. Since I've reorganized my makeup collection, I feel challenged to use makeup more often. If you check out my hauls & review you always see the freshly applied makeup in the swatch and look pictures. In this series I'll show you the look after I've lived a morning, or half a day or whatever. So no freshly made looks. This is pure to review and proof for you and myself; the consistency on my face, the feeling, the duration and overall what I think of it.

Review the Look #1 makeup beauty blog blogger etude house swan any cushion Surprise Stick Concealer Cheeck Room mascara urban decay naked basics Blooming Lips Talk 3
The products
Click the links to see the full fresh swatches and looks if you want to.

2. Urban Decay - Naked Basics (Fake)




Review the Look #1 makeup beauty blog blogger etude house swan any cushion Surprise Stick Concealer Cheeck Room mascara urban decay naked basics Blooming Lips Talk 3 jofee maltese dog puppy
Curious Jofee
This is a few seconds after I took the previous picture. He came laying very close to me to check out what I was doing without touching my makeup. Such a good boy <3

The Reviews

1. Etude House - Precious Mineral Any cushion - N02 Light Beige Review
My skin really looks like porcelain (maybe times said by others). It really still let my skin shine but also gives it a bit of a matt finish. But there are some downsides for this product. When you come closer you see a sort of dry dessert effect on my nose and cheeks. Which is weird because it totally don't have dry skin at the moment, no patches, nothing. So it really creeps in the finest dry lines it can find which aren't noticeable without makeup. Also in summer this isn't the greatest product to have on your face. You kinda feel locked up but at the same time you skin can breathe. It's like you have a super thin mask over your skin and when you come to the edge of where you applied the product; you really feel that edge to were your non makeup skin starts. When I've bought this product in May I didn't had this problem so much but in very hot days it's a bit suffocating. Good product with moist skin and in Spring time only (In winter you probably get dry patches ;)) But I like the moist any cushion, way, way, way more!!

Review the Look #1 makeup beauty blog blogger etude house swan any cushion Surprise Stick Concealer Cheeck Room mascara urban decay naked basics Blooming Lips Talk 3
2. Urban Decay - Naked Basics (Fake)
My sister gave this palette to me a long time ago, because she had accidentally bought two :) In this look I've used the first color on the inner corner of my eyes and a little bit on my eyebrow bone. The second color over me entire upper eyelid and on the lower eyelid. The fourth color in my crease and with the fifth I've made my outer corner a bit darker to create depth. Well personally I think these colors are too close to my own skin colors and shadows. Because without makeup and just concealed eyes my eyes look kinda the same. The only thing it changes is the shadows of my eyes look better en more even. So I like that about this palette. I do feel that the lighter colors would fade faster than the darker colors. Personally this is a fake palette, so I don't know how the quality is from the real palette. But this one is a easy, fast and save colored palette, great for grocery shopping :)

3. Etude House - Surprise Stick Concealer - 01 Light Beige
I've applied this on the inner corners of my eyes and on a few small spots I have. I really like how good it covers, and so naturally. It you have a crusty spot or dry patch, don't use it, looks bad! But on all other things you want to cover it works really great and so easy. Not sure which one I like better yet; this one or my Maybelline eraser eye. I think the eraser eye because that one can work with dry patches and crusty spots. But for now this one really is very nice!

Review the Look #1 makeup beauty blog blogger etude house swan any cushion Surprise Stick Concealer Cheeck Room mascara urban decay naked basics Blooming Lips Talk 3
4. Etude House - Dear My Blooming Lips Talk - BE104
I've bought this lipstick a long, long time ago (it's still good!). I ask myself why haven't I've used this lipstick more often. I love this color. I've only applied it to one lip and then smacked them together for a light semi matte finish. When I've taken all these pictures it was 1 PM and ate lunch already. So the inner parts of my lips are faded. like a reversed lip gradiant :) I do really like how it lasts a grocery shopping trip and how easy this lipstick wears. But you do have to re apply a few times during the day. But the color is truly perfect for me! I've used it before this week when I was trying on H&M clothes from an online order. This lipstick makes everything already and a life! :D This color lipstick is one I would like in a YSL lipstick if they have it ;)

5. Cheek Room - Curl & Long Lash Mascara
I used this for a while now as daily mascara and often as mascara when I have to show eyeshadow swatches etc. But I've noticed it has a lot of fall out, like it crumbles off. I do like the short bristles of the brush, it applies very easy and controlled. So that's something to remember for any new mascara I would shop. But I don't think I'll keep using this mascara for daily use anymore. I'll keep using it for eyeshadow review pictures. But the risk of having fall out on my cheeks when shopping etc. Heel no.

Review the Look #1 makeup beauty blog blogger etude house swan any cushion Surprise Stick Concealer Cheeck Room mascara urban decay naked basics Blooming Lips Talk 3
The End
I hope you've found this Review the Look helpful. It's straight from the heart with true irritations and true loves :D If you see a product on my blog you wish for me to review in depth like this, please feel free to ask me in the comments! :)

See you in my next Review the Look