20 December 2015

Yankee Candle Order #1 Halloween, Christmas & More Haul & Review

Yankee Candle haul review Halloween Autumn fireside treats cinnamon candy corn apple spice valentine illuma lid christmas festive cat
"A new obsession?"
Halloween, Cozy home, Autumn, Valentine's day, and holiday scents; To me... party all year round! If I love a scent I don't care if I burn a Candy Corn candle with Easter. I've bought these candles after I was enabled by Anna Saccone Joly and like 1,5 week before Halloween. No almost before Christmas, I've burned them all and a lot. Time to review these babies!

My history/present story with Yankee Candle
I've shopped this first order at yankeecandlestore.nl which is one of the Yankee Candle sellers in the Netherlands. I've blogged before about Yankee Candle wax tarts that I've received and bought from Sensational Home(The same Dutch Yankee Candle store under another name), Back then I had no clue of what I was doing compared to what I know now thanks to "The Candle Man!" (Which is not his name but I think it suits him, best candle reviewer I know) So back in 2013 I opened one of the Tarts which was the Christmas tree; Horrible scent in my opinion and gave me worst headache ever! I've put it unwrapped in a box  with the other scents. After a like two weeks I opened that box again and thought all tarts smelled horrible. The Christmas tree tart was unwrapped and the rest still wrapped... So I gave a few tarts to my sister and kept 5 tarts.. and then I just threw the whole box away... (Silly me!)
The scents I still have are: Camomile Tea, Witches Brew, Nature's Paintbrush and  Blissful Autumn. When I was enabled I've asked my sister if she still had the tarts I gave her, she had Fireside Treats and Christmas Cookie. This time I was smart and unwrapped them both and sniffed them. They smelled really great, and I was already burning the Witches brew which was also a surprise... Yankee Candle smells actually amazing.

Yankee Candle haul review Autumn daily snow fresh fireside treats marshmallow medium jar
Yankee Candle - Fireside Treats
€23,95 / Medium Jar / 411g / 65-90 Hours
The joys of camp ... mesmerized by the fire, singing and laughing, while toasting marshmallows to rich, gooey perfection!

Review
When I smelled it for the real first time when I've unwrapped my sisters wax tart, I directly fell in love. This scent is so soft, sweet and cozy! (PS This is when my MARSHMALLOW OBSESSION started!) I could literally burn this candle all year round. The scent is so soft and gentle, clean and fresh, sweet and edible, and gives you a fluffy and cozy feeling, but very lightweight. I'm very happy that the actual fireside scent isn't too harsh and that the sweet part is on the front. It's a white candle, again perfect for all year round! When I received my candle this one was actually totally broken to pieces, because the lit was put on the candle upside down. I've called about this and the next day I've received a new one already! Really best customer service ever! I've put this candle in my window since It matches well with the rest, gives it that winter cold, classic feel!

Yankee Candle haul review Halloween Autumn Cat Jar Clinger candy corn Medium Jar
Yankee Candle - Candy Corn
€23,95 / Medium Jar / 411g / 65-90 Hours
The familiar, sweet scent of candy corn is a fond reminder of Halloween fun and treats.

Review
This candle has a beautiful gradient in the wax and the label is very pretty. Yes it's a Halloween candy but who cares! This candle they say smells like Candy Corn. I've heard people say Candy Corn is a unique scent. Well this is the first time I've smelled Candy Corn, Then to check it I've bought Some Candy Corn online. Candy Corn is truly not a unique taste or scent. This candle & my candy corn candy tastes like FUDGE with a tablespoon of sugar. Nothing unique about that. Which was actually a relieve since I was very scared I might not like it. I could had gone for the tart but thought the medium jar looked very pretty :). So like I said This candle smells like fudge with a table spoon of sugar... amazing!! When you burn this it's like you walk into an candy shop from 1800 where they smelt and make their own candy. So when you long for a sweet original sweet fudge scent.. this is it! Again all year round! If it's Easter and you want to burn this candle,, just knit yourself a yellow candle sweater and no one knows! 

Yankee Candle - Halloween Cat Jar Clinger
€4,95
As you can see I also bought this super cute cat that you can hang on your candle jars. It gives it such a cute look. It's very good quality.

Yankee Candle haul review Autumn daily large jar apple spice cider pie epic wildwood tarot
Yankee Candle - Apple Spice
€28,95 / Large Jar / 623g / 110-150 Hours
A welcoming aroma of hot cider spiced with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.

Review
So I said Pumpkin Pie from Bath and Body Works is the King of BBW Candles... This is truly the King of YC candles! I have burned Pumpkin Pie and Apple Spice the most of all candles! You can only buy this candle in the large jar, which was such a risk. This candle has such a fresh scent to breath in, so lightweight, but also warm and cozy. All my candles I burn in my bedroom, but Pumpkin Pie and Apple Spice I'll burn down stairs since everyone at home loves it! The reaction you get when you sniff something so good and when you breath out you say "ahh". That happens all the time when you smell it again. I don't eat donuts, Don't know if I ever did. But when you smell it you get the idea. The apple scent is from a very fresh sweet apple. It's not apple puree or apple juice but a little in between. I can't really tell you how much of what spice is in there because I find it hard to name or see these spices apart in the scent. It's a very good blend because I can't tell them apart. I think this would be the best apple pie ever without the pie from pie dough and with donut dough lol. Truly best candle Yankee Candle has made!

Yankee Candle haul review Halloween Autumn illuma lid spider web Witches Brew Medium Jar patchouli witch
Yankee Candle - Witches' Brew
€23,95 / Medium Jar / 411g / 65-90 Hours
The spicy sweet aroma of exotic patchouli casts a captivating Halloween spell.

Review
This is a very homey, mystical and down to earth scent. Really beautiful! This of this scent as if you would walk in a beautiful forest without pine trees or those kind. When you smell the soft air through the trees, the moss around you, and the twigs breaking as you walk over them. You wearing a wool coat that doesn't itch and enjoying what you see and feel around you. I think this scent matches very well in homes that love warmth, homemade things, organic/natural things, spiritual/new age things. I love lots of scents and appreciate lots of themes & interests in my life. So look at my window with my fireside treats candle and look at this part of my room, it's a totally different world. With this order I also bought a votive for my mom to try out. She absolutely loves it! Great candle for everyday!

Yankee Candle - Halloween Web Illuma lid
€9,95
I also got this illuma lid to match with this candle or another autumnal looking candle. These make sure the flame doesn't more like a lunatic so that your candle melts evenly.

Yankee Candle haul review valentine's day sweetest valentine sparkling cinnamon vanilla cupcake medium jar
Yankee Candle - Sweetest Valentine
€23,95 / Swirl Medium Jar / 368g / 65-90 Hours
Savor this irresistible combination of Sparkling Cinnamon and luscious Vanilla Cupcake.

Review
This candle is very festive to me, super sweet and tasty for Valentine's day but it also says Christmas etc to me. It looks very cool the swirl but that doesn't last. If you get a nice wax pool both colors with mix and the surface will turn in the color of the sparkling cinnamon. I don't care as long as the scent stays true. This scent is so tasty, sweet and warm. The vanilla cupcake is just a super soft, sweet scent. you can't go wrong there. And then you get that Vhristmassy cinnamon. It's a more heavy cinnamon than your regular cinnamon you put in your outs as breakfast. It's a true christmas cinnamon, very hard to explain, sorry! It's a beautiful scent all together; Sweet & soft and spicy & strong. It doesn't remind me of a real cupcake with cinnamon but the scent is like you want to eat it sort of. To me this is a very festive cupcake! Maybe not for everyday of the year but only for Valentine's day, Christmas and birthdays!

Yankee Candle haul review autumn festive cinnamon stick tart
Yankee Candle - Sweetest Valentine
€1,99 / Wax Tart / 22g / Up to 8 hours
The fragrant mystery of imported cinnamon bundled with cloves.

Review
This tart I would put in my breakfast! This is really the exact same scent of ground cinnamon I put in my oats every morning. This is also that scent that you get from these big sugar cinnamon sticks you would get at the fair. Really amazing scent, very cozy! Perfect for in the kitchen or in autumn & winter!

Yankee Candle haul review Autumn vanilla chai tea votive
Yankee Candle - Vanilla Chai
€2,60 / Wax Tart / 49g / Up to 15 hours
The perfect accompaniment to "me" time, this is a supremely satisfyingly rich and spicy recipe of ginger, cinnamon and vanilla. Just as brewing a cup of tea, slows us down and relaxes us, so do this Indian and flavor-inspired fragrance. Great spice notes, really perky ginger, and sweet cinnamon make for a hearty scent perfect for cozying up at home on a chilly night.

Review
I planned to buy a medium jar from this scent since I love the Chai Pickwick tea so much... Then I tried the Chai tea from Yogi and that was horrible. So thèn I thought this is a 50/50% chance I might not like it. I'll buy the votive to see first.
To me this scent is okay. It's not amazing like Pickwick but not horrible like Yogi. It's in between but totally different. I cannot describe this scent very well since I have nothing to compare it with. It's warm and fresh at the same time, it's cozy and cold at the same time. You really put this scent in a tea scent range that I can tell you. To me it's like you bother me go away and oh nice. It's not a scent I like to burn since I would walk away from the room. not with a headache but that it's just not really my scent. I do like to sniff it sometimes and when out in the open it doesn't woosh around in my room. The candle off has a scent radius of 30cm, So I've put it in my book case on the first shelf. The same bookcase as my Witches' brew stand on top of. I think it really matches very with just standing there and when I get a book I smell this candle, yes that it nice! So hmm maybe it's a book scent! ;)

Yankee Candle haul review christmas festive sparkling cinnamon tart
Yankee Candle - Sparkling Cinnamon
€1,99 / Wax Tart / 22g / Up to 8 hours
A twinkle in the eyes, a spring in the step and a sparkle in everything else make the holidays glow. We've added just a hint of clove to the spicy warmth of real imported stick cinnamon to bring you the season's most sparkling scent.

Review
This scent is also in the Sweetest Valentine like you've seen before. It's a really Christmassy cinnamon. I would not eat this in my breakfast. It's quite a strong scent but when you smell it it's really good. It reminds me of this traditional Dutch candy; Cinnamon pillows. These taste really good but are not like your regular ground cinnamon. You get this sugar and heavy cinnamon taste but still soft. This scent also reminds me of cinnamon sticks that are made for decor. They sort of always smell different from cinnamon you buy from your grocery shop. A great scent for Christmas and if you like cinnamon candy!

Yankee Candle haul review festive gift Christmas Bells Tart Burner
Free gift
The lady from this shop was super kind and sent me this gift with my order (Thank you!). A huge tart warmer/burner. It has this beautiful painted Shristmas design on the glass. Currently melting my Sparkling Cinnamon in there.

I've chosen to shop here since this is the best shop that was the biggest assortment of  Yankee Candles, they have great deals, ship super duper fast, and their customer service is truly amazing!
I already have and will shop there again!

I hope you've found this review helpful and fun,
see you in my next one!