19 March 2016

MaskGenie - December Pouch Review

MaskGenie December Pouch review haul mask pack sheet masksgeniesfavproducts beauty blogger asian subscription
My Second MaskGenie pouch!
December in March, Yes I'm a bit behind but I never skip!  If you want to know why I'm behind with my unpouching schedule; read "note" further in this post. Again a lovely MaskGenie pouch to unpouch, are you ready?!

*I receive this MaskGenie Pouch as compensation for helping Eugenie from MaskGenie by creating pictures for the MaskGenie website*

MaskGenie December Pouch review haul mask pack sheet masksgeniesfavproducts beauty blogger asian subscription
MaskGenie Monthly Pouch 8-10 Masks
$23.99 / Shipping costs incl / 8-0 masks
The MaskGenie Monthly Pouch comes with 8 to10 different types of masks from Asia, which care for your skin from head to toe. The prices are shipping included. All Monthly Pouches will be shipped out on the 10th of each month. If you like to receive your pouch on time, then order before the last Friday of each previous month. The delivery time is around  7 to 10 business days.

*Note*
Almost all text on these masks are in Japanese, Mandarin or Korean which I can't read. So I'll do my best. Also this will be really a first impression since none of the mask are used yet. Mainly because I had a bad fever, deep cough, toothache etc for the whole month of January and didn't feel much for skincare. In February I picked up my skincare routine again and got this bad reaction from some tea tree stuff (tossed it). Then tried to calm & fix it with my regular skincare routine and then I got a heavy dry patch out break with high irritated skin. So I kind of tossed the half of my skincare routine products. Now I'm carefully step by step getting into a new soft, non-irritating moist skincare routine. So far It's been a success!

MaskGenie December Pouch review haul mask pack sheet masksgeniesfavproducts beauty blogger asian subscription
Freeset - Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask Pack Aqua
I loved the previous Freeset whitening mask very much. I've been how donkey milk really brings so much moisture to my skin. I have been using this donkey cream in December for a long time and omg the results amazing, same effect with this type mask too. So I'm now very curious to how this aqua type will work. Maybe even more moist! Sadly I found out that this mask does have parabens :(

LoveMore - Pearl & Red Pearl Barley Mask
With quality deep ocean water, top plant extracts this mask promises to provide nutrition, leaves the skin healthier and more radiant. A clear complexion mask, hmm yes please! No clue what kind of plant red barley is, I hope it does wonders for my skin.

MaskGenie December Pouch review haul mask pack sheet masksgeniesfavproducts beauty blogger asian subscription
Sister Diary - Pearl Bird's Nest Mask
Perfect mask for May lol :) I've found some centella Asiatica, flower extracts and pearl extracts on the back. So to think about it... Bird's nest; then I think about twigs, moss and bird poop. It also sounds luxurious just like caviar. but I'm not sure how it really will affect my skin we'll see :)

Supermoist Hops Flowers in Beer Mask
Well It's been I think 5 years since I drank my last drop of alcohol (I was not an addict, my body & me hated it), now I can put it on my face lol! I've heard that beer was good for your hear but for your face is new to me! The only ingredient on the back I recognized was witch hazel, which can give my skin a tingly effect. We'll see :)

MaskGenie December Pouch review haul mask pack sheet masksgeniesfavproducts beauty blogger asian subscription
Dr. Morita - Firming Essence Facial Mask Snail
The holy snails, these little monsters make our skin so pretty! They are good for firming the skin, giving moisture and healing the skin. Very happy with this mask!

Tsaio Cherry Blossom and Pearl Mask
Spring here I come! This mask looks very cute! Tiny downside; it has parabens. further there are pearl powder and camellia extracts I've recognized. I hope it brightens my skin a lot! 

MaskGenie December Pouch review haul mask pack sheet masksgeniesfavproducts beauty blogger asian subscription
Aritaum - Honey Fresh Essence Mask
This is a known brand and probably the first mask I'll try. Mainly because it's a familiar brand and I'm a bit careful with my skin at the moment, and because it's a Honey mask! Honey is known for giving lots of moist to the skin and it has a healing effect! excited to try this out!

The Face Shop - Pomegranate Grenade Mask
I can't help it, but when I think of pomegranates I always think back of a Youtube video where Jamie Oliver explains about it :) Now I know how amazing pomegranates are. This mask will improve skin resilience and moisturization with vitamin B2 en B2. Never tried a mask from the Face Shop before, I'm curious. There is one downside: parabens.

MaskGenie December Pouch review haul mask pack sheet masksgeniesfavproducts beauty blogger asian subscription
Kinomegumi - Natural Foot Patch Titanium
I'm not sure if I got this right but I guess this works to detox or/and relieve tension from tired feet. Either way I think feet mask, patches etc are always fun. I love to take care of my feet since they have to look nice in Spring and Summer :)

Etude House - Shea Butter Blending Sleeping Cream 
I'm not sure if I should use this sleeping cream. Since I've learned that most masks expire within 2 years or said otherwise. Etude house mostly only has a manufacturing date and this one says 20131214. Does Etude house masks live 2 or 3 years? well I think it's too risky. I've also checked the Korean & English Etude House Website, but it looks that it might be discontinued. I will not use this mask, just to be save.

MaskGenie December Pouch review haul mask pack sheet masksgeniesfavproducts beauty blogger asian subscription
MaskGenie
Unmask the skin you've always wanted!
Personally I think it's the best mask subscription you can get out there; How often you get things you already have with multipurpose subscription pouches/boxes and you think; pff waste of money (I often thought that with Memebox, Glossybox and heard other people also think that with their subscription "things")
With this MaskGenie pouch you get masks you don't normally see in the average Korean stores, sometimes here and there a familiar mask, but more often masks you never heard of. That doesn't mean they are not good, just not that famous but they can rock your world! I love it!

Don't forget to check out the limited editions ;) This is the WebsiteInstagramFacebook, and TwitterYou can view all unpouches of the MaskGenie Pouches on Geniesfavproducts YouTube Channel.

I hope you've enjoyed this unpouching review!