08 May 2018

PURITO - Defence Low pH Cleanser and Centella All In One Mild Pad Review & Extended Vitamin C Serum Review

Purito review defence barrier ph cleanser centella green level all in one mild pad vitamin c serum kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 디펜스 베리어 pH 클렌저 센텔라 그린레벨 올인원 마일드 패드 퓨어 비타민 씨 세럼
Pure & Beauty
Some time ago I was contacted by PURITO if I was interested in trying out some products from them and write an honest review after a few weeks (a bit later than planned, 'cause of some circumstances). After reading the brand's philosophy I was really interested in trying out some products from this brand. I honestly had never heard from it before. I've chose these products since they are a must-have in every skincare routine and easy to compare to other products from trendy brands. This review is long and full of surprises!

I've received these products for review purpose from PURITO as I just described above and used these religiously for 3 weeks in a row (and longer). No matter what, I will review all these products with 100% honesty!

Purito review defence barrier ph cleanser low kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 디펜스 베리어 pH 클렌저
PURITO - Defence Barrier pH Cleanser
 150ml / ± $11.49 / Available on eBayBeautynetKoreaTesterKorea, and Amazon
This mild gel cleanser effectively lifts away dirt and oil. With Centella Asiatica extract, Tea Tree oil Royal Jelly extract and grapefruit, to help create skin barrier, helps to heal the skin and protects it from fine dust. This cleanser is formulated with a low pH level of 5.5. It's purifying and leaves the skin refreshingly clean and very supple. With its super mild formula and low pH is recommended for sensitive skin as a daily cleanser.

Official info about this product: ENG / KOR
Ingredients list & score on COSDNA

How to use
When you wash your face in the morning; put a proper amount of it on your wet face and massage with it for about 30 seconds. After rolling it gently on your skin, rinse your face with warm water.
When you do double cleansing; after you finish the first cleansing, roll it with a proper amount for about 1 minute and water on your face (recommended on make-up day).

Purito review defence barrier ph cleanser low kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 디펜스 베리어 pH 클렌저
Packaging
I do not easily get excited for cleanser packaging but I really like this one! I like how simple and modern it looks, with its matte finish and soft colors. Yes, I know, it looks similar to the COSRX cleanser, but I like the aesthetic of the PURITO cleanser more.
The biggest part I like is the tiny opening. When it comes to cleanser and their openings... I always squeeze out too much product or it just runs out, and I end up with a bubble party on my face. However with this tiny opening it's so easy to dispense the right amount of product, I love it!

Purito review defence barrier ph cleanser low kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 디펜스 베리어 pH 클렌저
Review
This is a clear gel cleanser with a low pH of 5.5. It has a very soft and natural scent to it; a bit herb & soapy. When you wash your face with your hands it creates a little bit of foam as you can see in the bottom left picture. When you use a cleansing brush like a simple soft brush or a Clarisonic (it's a Neogen brush in the right picture) it creates more bubbles. The bubbles are very soft and tiny, and will dissolve quickly after each brush swirl. It doesn't irritate my skin while cleansing; it even doesn't sting on acne wounds. That really amazes me because most cleansers would hurt. Afterwards my face feels soft and clean, and not tight at all. It has no problem getting rid of makeup residue. When you are double cleansing; it has no problem getting rid of the last makeup residue. I love that this cleanser has 4 of my favorite ingredients in it. Centella & Tea Tree; which helps healing and keep acne at bay and this cleanser doesn't break me out. Royal jelly = moisture boost and Grapefruit with its brightening benefits.
This gel cleanser is really similar to my all time favorite COSRX Low pH Morning Gel Cleanser. Though I might have found myself a new favorite ;). Why I like the PURITO cleanser better than the COSRX one; the ingredients list from PURITO is really short. The only ingredient that scores a 4 in the PURITO cleanser is Cocamidopropyl Betaine, but both cleansers have this ingredient second in their list. I like the ingredients from the PURITO cleanser just more and I like the scent more. It cleanses a little more thorough than the COSRX one, and still without stripping the skin from its moisture. Last, the packaging looks more appealing. It's just small differences, thought for me enough to switch favorites.

Would I recommend?
YES

Purito review centella green level all in one mild pad kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 센텔라 그린레벨 올인원 마일드 패드
PURITO - Centella Green Level All In One Mild Pad
 70Pads / 130ml / ± $22.00 / Available on eBay, and Amazon
Formulated with Betaine Salicylate (BHA) which helps to eliminate various wastes and dead skin cells that remains even after washing. It's highly concentrated with Centella Asiatica extract, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid and Madecassic Acid that helps defending the skin barrier system, as well as in caring for sebum and pimple. This is a mild daily peeling pad which can be used every day and suitable for sensitive skin with its ensured safe green level ingredients.

Official info about this product: ENG / KOR
Ingredients list & score on COSDNA

How to use
1. After cleansing, softly swipe the embossed side all over the face except for the eye and lip area.
2. Swipe the opposite side of the pad all over the face to clear up the rest of the debris.
3. Make sure to close the lid to protect pads from drying out.

Purito review centella green level all in one mild pad kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 센텔라 그린레벨 올인원 마일드 패드
Packaging
This product comes with a plastic tweezers. This is great, every brand should include these in the box. I'm always looking for tweezers to get my pads out (from other brands). I kind of don't want to go in and pick them up with my fingers, germs! So I'm really happy with the tweezers!
I'm also happy that it has a thick kind of seal instead of a pull off sticker. I just leave this pad-like-seal inside the lit. It helps to close off the product really good and keep the pads from drying out. 

Purito review centella green level all in one mild pad kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 센텔라 그린레벨 올인원 마일드 패드
Review
First thing I noticed on day one, was that the shape of the pads is a little oval. I really like that, makes it very easy to hold. I use 3 finger tips on one side and softly press the pad-side it against my face, and let gravity do its work. I never hold cotton pads folded between my fingers, I don't see the use of that. Each pad holds the right amount of liquid all the way until the last pad. I noticed, compared to other pad-products I own, that this one is really gentle. Most of the pads I have (COSRX, Missha, NEOGEN) turn my face red when I use them (not wine stained by Neogen's pads lol). They slightly tingle my skin, it's painlessly though. The PURITO pad doesn't stimulate my skin like that at all, it just does its job and makes my skin clean. 
The scent is also really good compared to the COSRX & Missha pads. The scent is soft, fresh, herby and a tiny bit sweet. Now let's talk aesthetics again; I like the packaging. The shape of the product is sleek & simple, and the design is to the point. Now back to the inside; I like how the ingredient list is, again, so perfect with all 1 scores. That's how I like my skincare! A cleansing pad with 10% Centella is amazing, my skin loves it! It makes my skin clean and it feels soft afterwards (before I use the next step in my skincare routine). It really helps to heal and calm down my acne. I'm actually kinda sad that I stocked up the COSRX pimple pads during Black Friday last year. I rather had nothing left so I could purchase the PURITO pads haha. I like these a lot.

Would I recommend?
YES

Purito review Pure Vitamin C Serum kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 퓨어 비타민 씨 세럼
PURITO - Pure Vitamin C Serum
60ml / ± $16.15 / Available on ibuybeauti, eBay, TesterKorea, and Amazon
The most effective, gentle, naturally infused vitamin C serum is blended and refined to reduce signs of aging, restore youthful glow, and minimize existing wrinkles while preventing new wrinkle formation. Only the best, plant-based ingredients included, 10 free ingredients such as no parabens, no alcohol, and no animal testing. With highest quality of the combination hyaluronic acid + vitamin C + Adenosine. It helps create healthy natural skin barrier that protects the skin from UV radiation and environmental assaults. Also it helps to shrink pores, clear up acne, prevent breakouts, and minimize the appearance of acne scars.

Official info about this product: ENG / KOR
Ingredients list & score on COSDNA

How to use
Cleanse and tone your face. Apply a small amount of serum on face and neck with fingertips. Let the serum absorb completely and follow with a moisturizer.

Purito review Pure Vitamin C Serum kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 퓨어 비타민 씨 세럼
My little FAIL moment
So I had a little fail moment with this product. However yesterday I luckily found out my mistake before I would've thrown it away; my precious!
I have used this product religiously for +/- a month in a row, day & night, and I kept it in the fridge to prevent it from expiring. Though after that time I wanted to try out another serum too and so I used it less and skipped sometimes. But when I wanted to use it again (half of a bottle left) the color changed; it turned dark, looked dirty and smelled bad. I knew that when Vitamin C is added into skincare it can turn darker over time and when that happens it's often a sign the entire product expired. I recently threw out some old Bath & Body Works creams I had left, they turned yellow and smelled really bad. So I thought this was the case with my PURITO Serum as well. I contacted PURITO to ask how this could've happened and I was told this type of vitamin C is Ascorbic acid and that it can change color, but when it's almost black (chocolate color) that it really has gone bad. It's safe to use after one month and recommended to empty within 3 months after opening. But because of the scent I just didn't dare to use it on my skin anymore and kept it in the fridge until I would write this review. Yesterday, just before writing this part, I thought let's try it again. I pumped some product out and yes, it still smelled bad, looked dark brown and dirty. "Let s shake it", nothing changed. 
Then I started pumping out more serum onto a kitchen tissue, to take a good look at the dirty serum ...BUT ...after like 10 pumps or so the serum was clear again! It looks clean and clear-ish (like the pictures below) and the scent is fresh and nice again. I think all the serum inside the entire tube of the pump turned bad or something, because of the air getting in through the pump part. I think this happened because of that moment I said; I used it less a skipped sometimes. Similar how soap or lotion inside a pump bottles comes out hardened after you haven't used it for a while. I think this situation was similar. 
I'm very happy my Vitamin C Serum is still good to use!

Purito review Pure Vitamin C Serum kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 퓨어 비타민 씨 세럼
Review
The consistency of this serum is really sticky. After you've applied it, you really need to apply a moisturizer afterwards (which is common sense). It's just not an option to leave it like that. When you've applied your moisturizer, the stickiness is gone. This serum spreads out easily and absorbs well into the skin. The color of this serum is almost clear and can turn slightly darker over time. Not every skincare product will survive the cold temperatures inside a fridge, so always be careful. This serum needs to be stored inside the fridge to keep it from expiring. I really like the cool feeling of the serum on my skin, it's really refreshing and soothing. It has a kind of muted fruity faint scent to it. 

The best part of this serum is that it actively & visibly heals acne, fades acne scars, fixes dry patches, evens out your skin and brightens it. 

I know, this sounds like some sponsored-to-good-to-be-true-beauty lie... the truth is I suck at lying and so 99% of the time I don't do it and when I do lie (the 1%), you'll definitely know, because I'll tell you the truth in the next second after haha :).

Today I actually experienced it again! So let me explain to you what happened...

The magic of (.)⊃━☆ .*・。 PURITO - Pure Vitamin C Serum 。・*.

Short background story: After 10 years of getting Depo Provera (DP) anti-conception shots, I stopped. I was suffering from a lot of side effects as; osteopenia, varicose veins, weight gain, depression (apparently) and more. I always have suffered from stress/hormonal acne, even though I didn't had a cycle for 10 years. Since last year December my cycle started again and I still got my "normal" acne breakouts, never a day without acne.

When I started using the Vitamin C Serum in February my skin magically turned perfect (the kind of skin I thought I would never have). First I thought it was a combination of circumstances because; 
My way of thinking had changed. before I had apparently some sort of depression and closed myself off from "life". Now I feel like reborn, energized and happy. I hardly recognize the person who lived my life for the past 10 years. I sound the same, but my thoughts are not filtered by anxiety, stress & depression anymore (I didn't know DP could cause depression). We all know stress can give you acne breakouts, so if stress is gone... Goodbye acne?
When my cycle started again I lost 7 kg and I'm back to my old slim self ...Goodbye acne?
Vitamin D & Calcium supplements + Springtime ...Goodbye acne?
PURITO - Pure Vitamin C Serum ...Goodbye acne?

Sure, I knew that this Serum really helped a lot since I saw and felt the changes over time. However to be precise and say what the Vitamin C Serum did, was too hard.

My suffering skin from last week
I hadn't used the Vitamin C Serum since after that test month, because of my "FAIL" moment. The past week my skin suffered from medium sized acne breakouts, large swollen acne breakouts, "leftover" crusts & scars, sensitive red cheeks, uneven skintone, and a giant dry irritated red patch the size of my entire right cheek/jaw. I didn't wanted to cover it up with makeup, because who knows, it might make it worse. So no selfies or outdoor actives, on skin-days like those I like to hide! I figured it must have been because my period just passed the week before that and I ate delicious cake & pie on and around my mother's birthday.

Today: MAGIC within 4 hours!
My skin was still not happy, it looked even worse today :'(.
Around 2 PM after showering, I did my "morning" routine. I slept in because I stayed up late last night (blogging). I applied the PURITO Vitamin C Serum and used the Cosrx Birch Lotion afterwards; something basic my skin knew and that wouldn't irritate it even more. Even my mother was shook by the condition of my skin, she asked if I was allergic to something. I said that's hardly likely, since I try to use none to minimal skincare, and only familiar products.
The rest of the day I was busy with other stuff and didn't look into a mirror anymore. Around 6 PM I was ready to start cooking, but first I walked to a mirror to check how my skin was doing. 

"HOLY MOLY, WHAT THEhh..., 엄마!"
(I often call my mother; 엄마 with a whining Kdrama voice lol) 
We were both shook!

1. The entire giant dry red patch on my right cheek is 100% gone.
2. The large swollen acne breakouts are flat and the red is reduced a lot.
3. The medium acne breakouts are gone or only have a pore sized red dot left.
4. The acne scars have faded and crusts have fallen off with healthy skin underneath.
My skin looks calm, even and plump. This happened all within 4 hours!
So the big question...

Do I recommend?
HELL YES!

Purito review defence barrier ph cleanser centella green level all in one mild pad vitamin c serum kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 디펜스 베리어 pH 클렌저 센텔라 그린레벨 올인원 마일드 패드 퓨어 비타민 씨 세럼
Extra samples
PURITO has gifted extra samples of the other products they sell. Everything felt nice on the skin. The products I was most pleasantly surprised by and liked are the Centella Green Level Buffet SerumSea Buckthorn Vital 70 Cream. The Centella serum felt so soft on my skin and made it super smooth. The sea Buckthorn cream smells amazing, feels also so good on the skin, I love it. These 2 are definitely on my "wishlist" for when I want/need more skincare.

Purito review defence barrier ph cleanser centella green level all in one mild pad vitamin c serum kbeauty korean beauty blog blogger 퓨리토 리뷰 뷰티 스킨케어 디펜스 베리어 pH 클렌저 센텔라 그린레벨 올인원 마일드 패드 퓨어 비타민 씨 세럼
PURITO Philosophy
Click here to visit the PURITO website
The brand name "PURITO" means safe and purified natural ingredients that come from the clean soil. Everyone, regardless of gender and age, wants to be handsome and beautiful. However, many domestic and foreign cosmetics are riddled with a lot of chemical ingredients, threatening the safety of our skin. It's never too much to emphasize safety issues. We believe the component is the most important part of cosmetics that we use. PURITO only prescribes safe components based on nature-oriented components, and is proceeding a continuous challenge and research so that we can grow the skin's intrinsic regenerative ability. They're PURITO, safe and honest ingredients that aims healthy beauty and happy life. More information about the product promise can be found here

Conclusion
PURITO is now definitely one of my favorite skincare brands!

I hope you've enjoyed reading and found my review helpful.
I totally didn't plan for such a long & extended review, but while testing, living and writing I discovered so much more and didn't wanted to leave it out :)