25 February 2017

TonyMoly - Inked Cushion Liner - 01 Black & 04 Plum Wine Review

TonyMoly Inked Cushion Liner review 01 black 04 plum wine haul k beauty blog blogger 토니모리 잉크드 쿠션 젤 라이너 tony moly 1
 Start writing your eyes .
When TonyMoly came out with these, my heart flipped and my mind said; "hold on you". My mind: "A 'cushion' gel liner?! These dry out faster than normal gel liners, don't you think?". My heart: "F*ck you, I'm not listening! I need these in my life if they work or not!" So ME (who that is in this story, lol) without question obeyed my heart and bought these eye liners :D

TonyMoly Inked Cushion Liner review 01 black 04 plum wine haul k beauty blog blogger 토니모리 잉크드 쿠션 젤 라이너 tony moly 1
TonyMoly - Inked Cushion Liner - 01 Black & 04 Plum Wine
2g / Available at Jolse, Style Korean, Cosmetic Love and more
Liquide Gel Type Cushion liner. Convenient ink cushion type. 
Built-in brush allows delicate eyeliner Quick Drying Fixing & Easy Washable.
How to use
Touch the cushion with the built-in brush.
Draw a line according to eye lash line from the head to end of eyes gently.

TonyMoly Inked Cushion Liner review 01 black 04 plum wine haul k beauty blog blogger 토니모리 잉크드 쿠션 젤 라이너 tony moly 1
Packaging & Brush
The packaging looks like a classic ink pot and feather quill. I'm not sure if it was inspired by the movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" that premiered in South Korea +/- a month earlier before TonyMoly released these liners in December. I personally love the early middle ages until around 1900 when the ink and quill were used. I'm a sucker for historical looking things!
The "quill" brush sits on top the ink pot and closes with a click. The bottom part you can twist open so you can dip the brush tip inside the cushion.
The feather part of the brush is weirdly comfortable to hold in your hands (didn't expected that). The brush tip is thick but flat and it goes from wide to thin in a very strong angle. The hairs are hard but bendable. This brush is very useful to create different looks!

TonyMoly Inked Cushion Liner review 01 black 04 plum wine haul k beauty blog blogger 토니모리 잉크드 쿠션 젤 라이너 tony moly 1
Review
The cushions are like the foundation cushions we all know from K-beauty. Bouncy and moist, filled with gel/liquid-like liner.
The scent is not very nice; quite chemical. I didn't expected a floral or fruity scent from this product anyway so I don't really mind, but I tell you just in case :)
In the swatch pictures the lighting is different to show you the effect of the liner. The left picture is with a daylight lamp above (like most my swatch pictures on my blog) and the picture on the right is with the daylight lamp far away from it.
It's a solid color with a shine in the light. So no glitters just reflection in light. I've chosen for black and purple. Black is obvious to me and the purple would be amazing with all my new purple makeup I've been loving lately! The black is actually the deepest blackest black color I own in my eyeliner stash, even more intense than the Clio - Kill Black water-Proof Pen Liner!
The swatch on the left is with my finger and the one on the right are with the quill brush. The brush swatches are made with both flat and thin side of the brush. These are only swiped once, which shows you are not done with only one swipe of eyeliner; you need to work it!
The liners apply very easily and the brush works good with this product. I'm not a eyeliner pro, but I start to look like one with these haha.
They very long lasting, won't budge with a touch of a finger. However it is not waterproof... So if you wear your eyeliner the cute Korean way with the "wing" line facing down or having your normal winged line with a flick in the outer corner; then it "might" get smudgy if you have oily eyes. I personally have oily outer corners so I can't wear any eyeliner there. This one also fails in my outer corners but I don't care about that, I already gave up that fight :) For me they work perfectly for my usual liner-look (random picture that shows my kind of liner-look, not with this product).
To remove this product from your eyes is a bit weird. When you soak it loose with cleansing water or lip & eye remover; it will get loose from the skin but the product doesn't really get absorbed onto your cotton pad, you keep moving it around on your skin. You really have to kind of spoon it off your skin with your cotton pad. But now I know; it's no problem :)

Update September 2017: I opened them in February and on the bottom of the ink pot is a sign that says " expires after 6 month after opening". This is the 7th month and I totally ignore this sign. The eyeliner is still moist, pigmented and looks (and feels) amazing on the eyes.  

Would I recommend?
Yes!
This eyeliner is perfect for beginners and pro's, and amazing to have on your vanity!
It is also amazing to DIY the sh*t out of it when it's empty for other makeup purpose or... who knows!

I hope you've enjoyed and found my review helpful,
see you in my next post ;)